Having trouble getting GUI to work on HP NetServer LH3R

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 06:11:55 UTC 2006

Hi, I've just installed Fedora Core 4 via text installer because the graphic
installer was destorted beyond use...and the main GUI after installation is
also distorted :-(..I've tried via rescue mode to edit the X config and have
tried changing the HorizSync and VertRefresh to values mentioned by Windows
and by Knoppix, neither of which worked...also tried changing the driver to
svga as suggested by Knoppix in its X config but that didn't work because
Fedora doesn't seem to have that display driver...the graphic card in
question is a Cirrus Logic GD544x and the monitor is a Dell V15x...don't
have the X config handy because my only access is via terminal (Knoppix says
it doesn't recognize the drives partition and thus can't mount it :-( ) but
can type it up by hand if you guys really need it to help me...anyone have a
working X config for this hardware setup? Would greatly appreciate any help,
thanks!