Backup script

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Mon Mar 13 12:30:16 UTC 2006

At 12:11 13/03/2006, you wrote:

>bernd pinter wrote:
>>i have the same problem half a year ago: you need a blank in the
>>first row of the script!
>>use:
>>#! /bin/bash
>>that should work...
>
>Having a space there shouldn't make any difference. Try it with a
>simple script for yourself.
>
>Paul.
>
>--

#!/bin/bash

SVNREPOSPATH=/var/www/html/svnrepos/
HOTCOPIESPATH=/root/temphotcopies/
TARGETSERVERADDRESS=192.168.127.250
TARGETSERVERPATH=/home/svnserverdumps/daily

for reponame in $(ls --format=single-column $SVNREPOSPATH)
do
   if [ -d $SVNREPOSPATH$reponame ]
   then
     echo $SVNREPOSPATH$reponame
     rm -rf $HOTCOPIESPATH*
     mkdir $HOTCOPIESPATH$reponame
     svnadmin hotcopy $SVNREPOSPATH$reponame $HOTCOPIESPATH$reponame
     svnadmin dump $HOTCOPIESPATH$reponame >
/home/davef/svn/dumpfiles/daily/$reponame".svndump"
     rm -rf $HOTCOPIESPATH*
   else
     echo $SVNREPOSPATH$reponame not dumped
   fi
done

# For what it's worth this works for me. Runs as a cron job each night.
# Replace the subversion bits with tar bits and use at your peril!

# Dave Fletcher