mount Win partitions

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sat Mar 18 23:22:39 UTC 2006

Greetings Paul ,

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Eric Beversluis wrote:
>
>> For my protection, should I have ntfs mount read-only? if so, do I
>> replace one of the zeros at the end of the line with 'r'? Does it matter
>> which one?
>

> Replace "defaults" with "ro".

Well if you use the ntfs read only module ( during kernel compilation )
then
defaults will do just fine , since there is no write possibility . Not
to mention
here that especially in 2.4 kernels using the NTFS write module is strongly
discouraged . In 2.6 kernels there is some writing capability but will a
lot
of limitation , so  IMHO sticking with the safety of the read-only
module would
be OK .

> Paul.

Kostas