Marvell Yukon 88E8036 not recognized on Fedora Core 4

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 11:22:48 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Vinay Venkataraghavan <raghavanvinay at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I know there is a lot of discussion about this topic
> floating around but I have not found a solution that
> works for me. Fedora Core 4 ships with the sk98lin
> module. I installed the driver but still no luck.
>
> Once I install the driver I don't see any messages on
> dmesg. Secondly lspci lists the network adaptor but
> the device is not listed when I try to configure
> network devices. Only the loopback interface is
> listed.
>
> Any thoughts on how to proceed.
> Thanks,
> Vinay
>

> Hey ,

download the driver for Yukon from Yukon site

ln -s /lib/modules/2.6.9-5.0.3.EL/build/  /usr/src/linux

I am using Yukon Gigabit Ethernet on centos4.0

now run the install script downloaded from Yukon Site.It worked for me on
FC3 and Centos4.0 I don't know about Fedora Core 4.

You can try.

Regards

Ankush Grover