SATA Question for you

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Mar 20 15:30:17 UTC 2006

Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>I can't get Fedora Core 3 or Fedora Cora 4 to recognize my SATA hdd's.
>>The type of drives I'm using are:  Seagate Barracuda 7200.g   160GB
>>The Motherboard I'm using is:     ASUS-VM Rev. 1.01   ACPI Bios Rev. 0403
>>
>>Are there any procedures or drivers that you know of that could help me
>>get
>>this to work?
>>
>>Thank you for your time.
>>
>>Rich.
>
> Normally the BIOS for systems with SATA drives have several options for
> dealing wiht the SATA drive. I would try a different option and see if
> that helps choosen from the BIOS screen.

I have SATA in both my desktop and laptop (not in the specs) and FC4
installed on both with no problems.  Heck FC1 installed on my desktop
with the addition of a driver.  FC4 on the desktop recognized both my
controllers and all 4 drives.

The drive isn't the issue, the controller and bios is.

What is your controller chip?
--
Robin Laing