FC5 install: Anaconda fails: "out of diskspace"

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 21 12:16:06 UTC 2006

Alain PORTAL wrote:
> Le Mardi 21 Mars 2006 12:40, Colin Brace a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to update an existing FC4 system. After checking for
>> dependencies, anaconda gives the "go ahead with this install" prompt,
>> then promptly fails with an error message:
>>
>> "An error occurred transferring the diskimage to your harddisk. You
>> are probably out of diskspace."
>>
>> Grrrrr....
>>
>> No indication of which partition... Root still has a couple of gigs
>> free... how annoying.
>>
>> Suggestions anyone?
>
> Probably /var
>
> Regards.
> Alain

When I attempted installing unsuccessfully to a USB disk, it put the
install image on my /home directory. The image for me is 68.6 MB.

If the behavior is consistent, /home is where the install image is
stored. I would thought it would be /tmp

Jim

--
The chat program is in public domain. This is not the GNU public license. If
it breaks then you get to keep both pieces.