rpm guru....

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Mar 22 00:08:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 15:35 -0800, bruce wrote:
> hi...
>
> i'm playing with a SPEC file, and trying to get a better understanding of
> what it's doing. is there an RPM guru, someone who has created complex spec
> files that I can talk to!

Read the packaging guidelines for Fedora Extras.
And do a cvs checkout of Extras CVS (I believe you can do an anonymous
checkout).

Generally - if a spec file is too complex, it isn't a good spec file.
There are of course exceptions - but those exceptions are generally an
indication of software issue that has to be worked around.

You can subscribe to the Fedora Extras list to see discussion of spec
files.