FC5 Updated kernel and net installs...

Jay Lee jlee at pbu.edu
Thu Mar 23 21:23:48 UTC 2006

Jay Lee wrote:
>> I understand a kernel fixing the non-GPL modules issue for FC5 will
>> be released shortly.  I do most of my installs via net (PXE and
>> HTTP).  I do recall that RedHat Linux use to allow you to put updated
>> RPMS in a folder like RedHat/RPMS/updates in the source install tree
>> and anaconda would look for any newer rpms there before installing
>> the official release version.  Does Fedora still have that feature?
>> Can I put the X.org update and any future updates in RPMS/updates and
>> expect anaconda to update them automatically?
> Bump.  Anybody know if this still works?  It would be very useful to
> admins deploying FC5 to multiple machines...
>
> Jay
Bump again... There's got to be a way to do this.  (Even Windows has had
splipstreaming since Win2k!)  FC5 is not a week old and it's already got
a dozen updates.  Is there any way to get Anaconda to check a folder for
updates during installation?  I've looked for documentation from
Anaconda but there's little there...

Jay