Scribus in FC5

Ingo Schaefer ingo at ingo-schaefer.de
Fri Mar 24 11:43:05 UTC 2006

Hello Antonio,
Am Donnerstag, den 23.03.2006, 18:03 +0100 schrieb antonio montagnani:
> After  upgrade to FC5 Scribus is not working any more from graphical
> menu and if started in a terminal I get:
>
> Scribus: error while loading shared libraries:libssl.so.5: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

I suppose your scribus version was compiled for FC4, which had an older
version of openssl included.

You should either grab a scribus package compiled for FC5 (not available
yet) or grab the src.rpm from scribus download page and (as root) issue
rpmbuild --rebuild scribus....src.rpm
This command should create the required rpms for your system, which you
can after that install.

Regards,
Ingo Schaefer