Soundblaster Audigy SE

magicus magicus at snet.net
Sun Mar 26 16:51:47 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Saturday 25 March 2006 23:14, pepone pepone wrote:

>> try to unmute your card in the mixer
>>
> Run alsamixer in a user console - move about by keyboard arrows.  I can't
> remember which channel it is, but for my Audigy 1 card you get white noise
> until you mute one particular channel.  Just experiment.
>
> Anne

For me it was not hearing anything at all rather than white noise.  The
sound detection found the correct card and all (an Audigy 1) and
attempting to l[play the sound brought forth a roaring silence.

For me it turned out to be "Audigy A".  I noted it in my blog so I can
find the answer the NEXT time it happens...  :-)

http://flprimus.blogspot.com/2006/03/yet-another-non-obvious-solution.html

Other than the above the Fedora Core 5 install went very smoothly.
Updates seem to be working fine as well.

--

"I gained nothing at all from Supreme Enlightenment, and for that very
reason it is called Supreme Enlightenment." -- Gotama Buddha