fc5: install everything?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 28 01:44:57 UTC 2006

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 13:06:24 -0800,
>   "K. Richard Pixley" <rich at noir.com> wrote:
>> fc5 installer has me confused and stumped.  Could someone please tell me
>> where to find the "install everything" option?
>
> That feature was dropped.
> You can do select all by right clicking, but you have to be at least one
> level down to do this.
> This won't actually install all of the rpms, but may be good enough for you.

I used the select all per group today during an install. All the
packages that I normally use were there after installing. The process
did not take long since I was able to choose all optional packages easily.

I also did a yum upgrade on another system and it croaked because it had
all of the openoffice language packages on it. I believe if the Turkish
package was correct, it would have upgraded initially. I never use the
language packages but they should not cause a failure either.
I know the issue was discussed too much already.

I like the new installer over an everything install but this feature
elimination does not keep the heat on for the GFS kernel modules and the
language specific packager/developers to keep their packages at least
installable.

Jim