VI editor in Gnome Terminal leaves text remnants on scroll

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Mar 28 12:06:31 UTC 2006

Around about 28/03/06 11:09, Khoa Ton typed ...
> Seems that vim does something with respect to screen redraw that
> doesn't work properly with Gnome Terminal 2.14.0, and that
> this is masked by the :set ruler feature.  Drawing the ruler
> eliminates this remnants on scrolling problem.

   I'm unable to reproduce this with vim 6.4 and my older gnome-terminal, and
I don't have an FC5 box yet.  It therefore sounds like a gnome-terminal bug,
esp. since gnome's been doing loads of font rendering optimisations [not that
these may be relevant].  Esp. as it's OK in an xterm of the same size
[assumption].

   I recommend raising a report in redhat's bugzilla.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature