rebuilding X from failed FC4 -> FC5 upgrade

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Mar 28 13:20:34 UTC 2006

I upgraded one of my machines to FC5 from 4 the other night and
everything went smoothly except on reboot.  Now X doesn't work.  It
appears that Xorg didn't completely install.  I've tried everything I
know, but can't get it completely uninstalled.  It tells me xorg-x11-xdm
is not installed, but when querying rpm I get the correct version from
FC5 (1.0.something).  Any ideas on how to completely blow X away and
re-install?

--
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415