FC5 Anaconda fails to start GUI

Geoffrey Leach geoff at direcway.com
Wed Mar 29 23:33:19 UTC 2006

On 03.29 11:30, Kam Leo wrote:
> On 3/29/06, Geoffrey Leach <geoff at direcway.com> wrote:
> > After loading the correct drivers and starting Anaconda, the
> process stalls. In the case of the X-based process, I have the X
> cursor, which moves with the mouse. On a text install, just a blue
> screen.

> You fail to state what graphics adaptor you are using. A new kernel
> and driver(s) for Nvidia and ATI graphics cards are in the works.

The graphics adapter is an Nvidia FX1000.  I'm assuming that the X
configuration process will use the nv driver, which is what I generally
use. However, because the text-based install fails at the same point,
I'm assuming that the X configuration process is not an issue.
Additionally, I note that the X server appears to be operational.