Problem with Crossover Office after kernel upgrade to FC5

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 31 13:12:51 UTC 2006

Mike Cohler wrote:
> Gerry Tool <gstool <at> earthlink.net> writes:
>

>>> Mike
>>>
>> Word, Excel and Access all function fine in my FC4 upgraded to FC5
>> system, using Crossover Office 5.0 and with the new 2080_FC5 kernel.
>>
>> Gerry
>>

> Hi Gerry
>
> I am running CrossoverPro 5.1 if that makes any difference ....
>
> Did you do an upgrade install or a clean install ?  Did you run the Crossover
> install again once FC5 was running to regenerte the menus.  I am also using KDE
> and not Gnome - again all these small differences may matter ?
>
> Mike

I did an upgrade of FC4 to FC5 using the downloaded DVD.  I also had a
separate install of FC5T3 prior to release that I had successfully used
Crossover 5.0 on.

I did not run the Crossover install again. The menus survived the
upgrade.  I am using Gnome, but after writing this, I'll switch to KDE
and see if it works there.  Unfortunately my support on Crossover office
expired and I can't upgrade to 5.1 without a new fee.  Since 5.0 seems
to be doing what I need, I'll wait until more development there makes it
more worthwhile to upgrade.

Gerry