File icon in FC4

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 1 01:46:41 UTC 2006

chen li wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use FC4 for a while. When I create a new file or
> download a file to my desktop I can see them in the
> terminal but I can't see the icons on the desktop. But
> when I logout and then login again they show up on the
> desktop. I wonder how to fix it so that the files will
> appear on the desktop after they are created.
>
> Thank all for the reply,
>
> Li

The easiest way is to click on the desktop and press ctl-r (control-r)
to refresh the desktop image. The desktop is painted, refreshed
occasionally instead of being actively refreshed in short cycles.

I was bit by this desktop property way back on earlier releases. I guess
most people learned about ctl-r and accept this desktop shortcoming.

Jim

--
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack).