unable to start ldap

Winanjaya - PBXSoftwares.com winanjaya at pbxsoftwares.com
Wed Mar 1 08:55:35 UTC 2006

> > Dear all,
> > I am running FC4 .. I don't understand why I am unable to start ldap? ..
> > what should I do?
> >
> > I need advise
>
> You can start by telling us what happens when you try to start ldap, and
> what possible causes you've already investigated.
>
> You'll also want to look in /var/log/messages or wherever your ldap logs
> are configured to be.
>
> Paul.

Hi..
what I did was only run /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap start  and then I got ldap
failed like below:

[root at samba log]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap start
Checking configuration files for slapd:  config file testing succeeded
  OK  ]
Starting slapd: FAILED]

I also checked in /var/log/messages .. and there are as follow:

[root at samba log]#vi messages
Mar  1 15:55:31 samba slaptest: sql_select option missing
Mar  1 15:55:31 samba slaptest: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
Mar  1 15:55:31 samba slapd[2862]: sql_select option missing
Mar  1 15:55:31 samba slapd[2862]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available

please advise ..

thanks and regards
Winanjaya