Re: [FC4] System locks up when booting installation DVD

akonstam trinity edu wrote:
It used to be that running the install with a nodma option could fix
things like this. At least I think it was nodma. Does anyone else
remember? There also was a another  trick using a garbage parameter
and the next boot worked. But the memory of this is also vague.

Neither a garbage parameter nor the nodma option changed anything. I'm wondering how they could anyway since the kernel doesn't even start.

cg.