Re: crazy question (want to locate a particular function from all object files)

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 17:06, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Is there a way to list all object files on my machine, and then
> to locate all matches to a particular function?

Just taking a stab at what you mean.  How about:

man -k <function>

or

man -K <function>

for executable "objects".

How about:

grep -r <function> *

for most any "object" which contains the text string <function>
(This is a recursive directory search).

Regards, Mike Klinke