porting bsd web interface (php) to linux /fc 4.

Hi
I'm looking to port the php web interface for pfsense to linux (fc4).
My resoning for this is that I wish to use the existing frame work and functionality especialy for the openvpn funtionality.
So far I the biggest problems I can for see is rewriting the ipfilter section of the interface.
As this is the first time I'm porting an application. Can you give me any advice on how I should go about this and what I should look out for.

Many Thanks

--
Gregory Machin
greg linuxpro co za