OT: Calendar Overlays for Wallpapers

I've spent all morning looking for something that I can overlay a
calendar on a wallpaper and I can't seem to find anything at all what
I want.

Basically I would like to overlay a calendar to a wallpaper and then
flatten them together and save it so it's just a jpeg. I would think
this is possible with the gimp, but I can't seem to find anything and
I tried several search string in google but nothing brings back what I
want. Everything is giving me a desktop program to run, and nothing ot
overlay a background.

Anyone else have something like this working?

Thanks.
--
-=/>Thom