Re: Yum better than RPM?

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 10:47, Rudolf Kastl wrote:
> 2006/3/2, Ralph Grothe itdz-berlin de <Ralph Grothe itdz-berlin de>:
> > > Can you tell the rest of us what we are missing by running
> > > a 32-bit browser or is the difference just indescribable?
> > >

> you are pulling in 32 bit libs which eat up ram...

Oh, so the reason you like 64-bit is that the libs use
less ram? That's the first I've heard that...

> and then again why are you using 64 bit fedora at all if you dont like
> the 64 bit fuss? ;)

Because it still runs all the old stuff unchanged.

> backwards compat is nice but personally i prefer fixes instead of
> workarounds, just a matter of attitude.
>
> just curious...

You are asking many people to do a lot of work to
build/test/maintain/distribute additional versions.  I'd
just like to know what to expect to see in return for
that extra work.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com