Re: Journal File System

On 3/3/06, Gordon Messmer <yinyang eburg com> wrote:
Syed Ali wrote:

> I am trying to decided between JFS/GFS/Reiser/Ext3 for a production file
> server, any  benchmarks for a journaling file system for Linux, any
> links to articles/papers that have done this comparison already would be
> appreciated.

Several of those were compared by Justin Piszcz:
http://linuxgazette.net/122/piszcz.html

Also good reading here -
http://thebs413.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_thebs413_archive.html

Generally, I'd recommend ext3 on RHEL 4.  The ext3 fs driver on RHEL 4
features significant performance improvements relative to earlier releases.