NFS - mount: permission denied

bill perkins perk at iag.net
Sat Mar 4 04:56:42 UTC 2006

John Summerfied wrote:
> Clodoaldo Pinto wrote:
>> I can't mount an exported server share.
>>
>> I have googloed this message error and found lots of posts. Tried all
>> the pointed solutions and still can't mount it.
>>
>> The server is fc5t3 and the client fc4.
>>
>>> From the client:
>> # mount -t nfs4 10.1.1.103:/home /mnt/s0
>> mount: permission denied
>>
>> Server config:
>>
>> Both /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny are empty
>>
>> # cat /etc/exports
>> /home      10.1.1.0/24(ro,sync)
>>

> All these replies and nobody's asked what's in the logs on the server
> and client?
>
> Unpaid help isn't what it was:-(

I've been running into the same problem (just today, matter of fact);
the log files aren't saying anything except that the FC4 box received an
authenticated request from the other box (slack 10.1). I'm stumped!

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
 universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk at iag.net
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.