MRTG and Multihomed NIC

Khemera Lin lin.kh at wicam.com.kh
Sat Mar 4 07:17:09 UTC 2006

Thanks for your response, Anthony. Yes, that is what I use. And here is the
output:

# /usr/bin/cfgmaker --global "WorkDir: /var/www/mrtg/fw" --global "YTics[_]:
8" --global "Options[_]: growright,bits" --ifref=ip public at localhost

########
--snpo: confcache public at localhost: Ip N.N.N.1 --> 5
--snpo: confcache public at localhost: Ip N.N.N.9 --> 5
--snpo: confcache public at localhost: Ip N.N.N.17 --> 5
--snpo: confcache public at localhost: Ip N.N.N.25 --> 5
--snpo: confcache public at localhost: Ip N.N.N.33 --> 5
########

I have 5 different network interfaces and the fifth one is multihomed to
have multiple IPs on it. As shown above, the cfgmaker could detect all of
the IPs (masked with N.N.N.), but the mrtg.cfg would not have separate
entries for those IPs; it only treats all of them as one single
IP/interface.

Any more ideas please?

Thanks,
Khem