impatient for FC5 release

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sun Mar 5 07:49:05 UTC 2006

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>>>I know we are always given this warning.
>>>But what is the probability (approximately)
>>>that one will be able to upgrade from FC-5 test 3 to FC-5?
>>>
>>>Incidentally, has there been any change so major
>>>that one cannot upgrade from FC-4 to FC-5 test3
>>>by simply upgrading individual packages?
>

>>fc5-test3 is a devel system, with devel repos installed.  are you
>>planning on having your fc5 stable system set up with all the devel rpms?
>>

> I guess my expectation was that most of the "development" packages
> would become standard versions by the time FC-5 came out.

yes, the packages will become official, if that's what you mean, but
your computer will have yum configured for all the devel repos, not the
standard repos which means whenever you do a yum update, you'll be
updating to the latest devel stuff.

i may be mistaken, it is possible for the upgrader to automatically
change all this stuff, but i'm not sure that it does.

any expert answers out there?

--
My Website: http://messinet.com
My Online Gallery: