A couple of questions

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 17:41:27 UTC 2006

IMO you have to create new user names in your FC5 installation.
/home/usernames has many hidden files and folders keeping settings and
preferences of your programs / executables. Finding one to one compatibility
between ubuntu and fedora settings is difficult.
Suggest that you retain only your old user data files in /home and take
appropriate care of old setting files.

/root is a new username in your FC5 installation so it works OK. So will
other newusernames if U create them in FC5.

HTH.

--
Anil Kumar Shrama