Re: On-board ethernet - VT6102 Rhine-II - and slow connection

On Sunday 05 March 2006 17:45, Jeff Vian wrote:

> That adapter has 4 possible connection states   10/100MiB and half/full
> duplex. Obviously the fastest would be 100 full.
>
> What is it actually connected as?  Usually the leds on the switch or the
> adapter will tell you the speed, but I have not seen any tools to check
> the actual state from the OS.
>
> I have never had any problems with any NIC using the via-rhine chipset,
> but YMMV

OK, that's reassuring.  I can't check it right now, but I'm intending a new
install after the rebuild.  If there are still problems I'll swap the cat5
cable and try that.  I have to confess that it's a box with low usage, so
I've never spent much time on it.

Anne