FC5 - T3: GNOME save desktop setting missing or removed?

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 21:55:14 UTC 2006

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 12:28 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>

>>Meanwhile - how can I now save my desktop settings so that when
>>I log in, my setup will be there for me????
>

> Try System/Preferences/More Preferences/Sessions and see if that lets
> you select to auto save your session or not.

Yes, that dialog does have an "Automatically save changes to session"
option to save the session _every_time_ you logout, but the online
help for that option clearly states, "If you do not select this
option, when you end your session the Logout Confirmation dialog
displays a Save current setup option."  That option in the logout
confirmation dialog never appears.

Anyway, auto-save-session seems to be broken right now.  When you
turn that option _off_ again, a couple of extraneous entries get
saved.  Next time you log in, you'll get a extra Nautilus window
and the sessions options dialog will start up too.

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.