mplayer

brouwers roland lx roland at cat.be
Mon Mar 6 08:51:00 UTC 2006

Hello,

On a RH Fedora3:
I installed MPlayer and I can open wmv files while clicking on the right
mouse button.
A click directly opens a message window saying

"The filename "ZLATAN2.wmv" indicates that this file is of type
"Microsoft WMV video". The contents of the file indicate that the file
is of type "Microsoft ASF video". If you open this file, the file might
present a security risk to your system.
Do not open the file unless you created the file yourself, or received
the file from a trusted source. To open the file, rename the file to the
correct extension for "Microsoft ASF video", then open the file
normally. Alternatively, use the Open With menu to choose a specific
application for the file."

I did the same installation on a CENTOS installation and there it works.

What is the difference?

Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba
Antwerp-Belgium