Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Jim Cornette wrote:

The really latest notes are available at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/ and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsRawhide

Thanks for adding the additional links. I have to learn how to navigate through the beats concept for document management.

A link to the most likely release notes would be easier to understand for those accustomed to the format of the outdated link that I referenced.

These arent meant for the typical end user and hence we are not going to focus on the format or presentation but if you are keeping track of development you can go through the wiki which is the canonical source for the release notes content to keep yourself updated on the upcoming changes.

There were packages added to comps that were not available for selection as late as the test 3 iso install media. The bug is being tracked but user awareness that there are many packages on the media that are not pulled in or selectable for new installs was my experience.

A discussion should have been initiated on these issues in fedora-test list with the relevant bug reports earlier in the development cycle. It might be still a good idea to track the specific packages not being listed in the interface and report them to the list.

--
Rahul