Home directories

I am the only one thinking that installing new users home directories into /home/ by default is a bad idea. What I would have liked to see in future Fedora releases is, a /export/home directory that was used by default, and that the user directories was automounted
on /home/. from that or from some file server.

That way it would be much easier to make network setups. It would also simplify the use of mobile computers not always connected to the network, as they could mount home directories on a file server when connected to a network, and to fail over to the local version when disconnected. The server and the remote /etc/exports could then be kept synchronized with rsync. when the user logged in or out, or on user demand.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Uno Engborg