problem recognizing/installing AVM Fritz!Card USB 2.0

Robert Cates robert at kormar.de
Mon Mar 6 19:22:06 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've just subscribed to the list in hopes that somebody can help me with
the following problem - I've got FC4 installed on a Gateway desktop PC
which has USB 2.0, but I cannot go online to update anything since I
cannot get my ISDN adapter working.  I'm trying to install the AVM
Fritz!Card USB 2.0 (external) ISDN adapter, but when I go to setup an
Internet connection, my adapter is not listed (found?).  I downloaded
the software/drivers source code from avm.de, compiled and installed in
what I thought was the correct directory (maybe that's where the problem
is).  Actually I put copies in a couple of different locations under
/lib/modules/.. , but nothing helped.

I guess long story short - can anybody tell me what you did to get your
AVM Fritz!Card USB ISDN adapter to work?  Where did you get the
software/drivers?  Did you compile yourself?  Where did you put what?
Any other software you need to get running to be able to use the USB
adapter, maybe like pppd?

Any/all help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Robert