From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 7 16:42:32 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 09:40, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>Just having a  program with a security hole on disk through a
>>"everything" installation that you dont use is a potential problem that
>>leaves room for an exploit.
>>

>Which means that it will be found and fixed, which is pretty
>much the point of delivering it in fedora in the first place.

Right and when its fixed you have the burden of keeping yourself
updated. I wouldnt ever want that additional work for programs that I
dont even use which is why I advocate always keeping track of the
packages that you install and install software only when you will use it
instead of dealing with random bloat through a blind installation of
everything just because it happened to be supplied in Fedora Core.

--
Rahul