Re: MUTT Question

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 15:15, Chris Norman wrote:
> Cheers, my other question (regarding the MUTT package, kind of):
>
> I have got dovecot and postfix which are supposed to be handling messages,
> but neither of them seem to be. I'd like to be able to hit send in MUTT,
> and have my own SMTP server belt the e-mails off.
>
> Can you give us a hand please?

I don't think dovecot has anything to do with sending your messages.  It's
possible that you have both sendmail and sendmail.postfix installed, which
could cause problems.  Take a look at /etc/postfix/main.cf and see what it
thinks is handling your outgoing messages.  If you do find that you have both
sendmail programs installed, run system-switch-mail to set it to the one
mentioned in main.cf

Anne