From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

Tony Heaton theaton at lanl.gov
Tue Mar 7 17:58:55 UTC 2006

It's incredibly easy to install packages with yum.  You can do single
package installs, you can do group installs.  I don't see what the
problem is in not having an everything button.  As has been pointed out
here many times, the everything button didn't ever install everything.
That could leave a new user thinking they had everything available when
they didn't.  Why would anyone want to bloat a system with both Gnome
and KDE?  Is there really a need for having xdm, kdm and gdm all loaded
on a machine at the same time?  How many window managers do you need?
It's easy enough to install and remove packages that you can try
anything at anytime.  Read the info about a package.  If you like it,
install it an try it.  If you don't like it, remove it.  There are many
useful packages that aren't even in the distribution or extras.  How do
you try them?

That being said, this is Open Source Software.  If you want a
distribution with an everything button you can take the current
distribution, change it to suit your needs and if you want,
re-distribute it.

--
Tony Heaton

- "If you do nothing, they'll win"