Re: From release notes for FC5T3 (web)

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:25, Tim wrote:

> Les Mikesell:
> > So how do you ever decide to run a new program?
>
> Do you plough through everything on your computer and try to find a use
> for it.

Yes.

> Or do you use your computer to do what you want, and look for
> something to fulfill your needs as you go along?

If I did that, I'd have never started using a computer since
I got along OK without them.

> I'd sooner have a good list of available programs with detailed
> information about them, then several gigs of stuff installed that'll
> involve many megs/gigs of keeping up to date, even if I'm not using
> them.

But that means you'll never be the first one to use a program
in a particular way or combine it in a useful pipeline in
a new and different way.  And then what's the point?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com