Re: Installing vuescan

Anne Wilson wrote:
As this application is highly recommended I want to try it for my film scanner, but I'm having install problems. In theory you just unpack it to any directory and run the executable. In practice, I'm seeing it fail because it can't find libstdc++.so.5

I see in yumex that there is compat-libstdc++-296 and compat-libstdc++-33. Are either of these likely to solve the dependency, or do I need to look at other repos?

Just do "yum install libstdc++.so.5" and let yum work it out for itself :-)

Paul.