Re: Using yum with fedora 3

Bruce,

Dude, don't use "Reply" to start a new thread.
Now your unrelated question is threaded to mine via headers like these:

And I'm less likely to get a useful response now.

Bruce Bales wrote:
I recently installed fedora core 3 and have had some difficulties with using yum. Finding many different suggestions on the internet as to which repositories to use is confusing.

When I do a sudo yum update, I get a lot of missing dependencies (below). And yum itself won't install them. Many of these same dependencies prevent me from installing certain programs.

Where do I find the correct repositories for Fedora core 3?
bruce

Error: Missing Dependency: libjasper-1.701.so.1 is needed by package kdelibs
Error: Missing Dependency: libslp.so.1 is needed by package kdenetwork
Error: Missing Dependency: libxmms.so.1 is needed by package kdeutils
Error: Missing Dependency: libfribidi.so.0 is needed by package kdegraphics
Error: Missing Dependency: libjasper-1.701.so.1 is needed by package ImageMagick
Error: Missing Dependency: gnupg2 >= 1.9.6 is needed by package gpgme
Error: Missing Dependency: libfltk_gl.so.1.1 is needed by package OpenEXR
Error: Missing Dependency: libpth.so.20 is needed by package gpgme
Error: Missing Dependency: libfltk.so.1.1 is needed by package OpenEXR