From: "Daniel B. Thurman" <dant cdkkt com>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases (E-mail)" <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:49 PM
Subject: Yum - um...

Hi,

I don't know if this one was already discussed to death,
but please bear with me...

Why is it that YUM can only be run/executed once, by one process,
by one user - whatever when all I am trying to do is to yum info <whatever>
while yum is busy doing something else.

I mean - why wasn't yum written so that it can take care of itself,
that is, it knows what is permissible and what is not permissible?

I somewhat understand if an update or installation is taking place (but
these operations could use transactions control) - but why not allow
commands
such as list or search or other non-intrusive operations while yum is doing,
say updates or installs?

Just wondered,
Dan