Re: Addressing a SCSI film-scanner - long, sorry.

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 22:18, Paul Howarth wrote:ecognised.

> You'll probably need to load a driver for the SCSI card before any of
> the devices attached to it will work.
>
> Try:
> # modprobe tmscsim
>
> and see if that helps.

Well, the command was accepted.  Should I add that into modprobe.conf?

> > I know that xsane is installed in /usr/share/sane/ and the drivers appear
> > to be in /usr/lib/sane so I'm assuming that I can ignore most of the
> > instructions above.  The download is a .tar.gz, and includes a Makefile.
> > I presume that I can unpack the tarball anywhere I like?  Is it then just
> > a matter of editing the prefix line in the Makefile?  And should that
> > point to /usr/sane?
>
> Sane ships with Fedora. Once the right SCSI driver is loaded, SANE
> should see your scanner if it's a supported one.

I think so, too.  So it only remains to determine how to load the driver.  I
hope someone experienced will be able to answer my questions, so that I can
try for that in the morning.

Anne