Max Apache 2.0 (FC4) log file size on 32-bit systems?

antonyn at tonyrockyhorror.com antonyn at tonyrockyhorror.com
Tue Mar 7 23:31:49 UTC 2006

Hello,

Does the Apache 2.0 server shipped with FC4 support log file sizes greater
than 2GBs on 32 bit systems?

I have a lot of traffic on my webservers and I do rotate my log files
daily.  However, I recently consolidated a bunch of my older webservers
onto newer hardware that can handle lots of load, and I noticed that I'm
very close to reaching the 2.1GB file size threshold at midnight when I
rotate the logs.

It appears that SuSe's Apache 2.0 package has a patch for this:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/suse/updates/9.2/i386/deltas/apache2-prefork-2.0.50-7.12.i586.html

(search for the string 'Remove 2Gb log file size restriction' in the above
URL).  I looked at the FC4 .spec file and could not see a similar
patch/comment.

Thanks,
Tony

--

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.