Edit windows files under Linux

Hi all,

I create a FAT32 partition on my hardware to access
excel files of Windows XP from Linux FC4. As I recall
files on this partition are supposed to be read and
written under Linux FC4(or either way). But what I
find is that it can only be read. So what am I
supposed to do to make it written from FC4?

Thank you,

Li