UOL Anti spam is back, again...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Mar 8 16:02:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 15:55 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 March 2006 14:37, Anthony Messina wrote:
> >   Mike McCarty wrote:
> > >I'm getting them again.
> > >
> > >Mike
> >
> > Postfix client access file:
> >
> > uol.br.com REJECT Your anti-spam configuration creates more spam; \
> > please fix it.
> >
> Not all mail from uol.br.com is spam - I do get genuine mail that I want to
> keep, so my procmail recipe just says
>
> :0
> * ^From: .*Antispam
> /dev/null>
>
> I never see them unless I look through the logs.  Of course it does mean that
> they are downloaded before being dropped, but that's no big deal for me.

----
no it's not a big deal for you and probably effective but I would
suggest that you recognize it is that type of behavior you are employing
that you are rebelling against...receiving messages that are summarily
sent to the giant bit bucket in the sky and the 'proper' way to handle
is to reject them at the outset.

Obviously this simplifies things since mail to abuse at uol.com.br goes
unanswered and that is probably the larger crime but all in all, it's
bad form to simply bit bucket mail that you have received (though most
of us do that now).

Craig