NX client on FC4

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 06:19:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 23:19, Craig White wrote:

> Sure, I can get it save KDE session stuff but it's rather immaterial as
> it will open the programs but not the specific terminal settings,
> paths/firefox stuff (and they are ssl sessions) etc. so it's rather
> pointless to worry about saving KDE sessions. In short...saved KDE
> sessions aren't quite up to 'suspending' an NX session and resuming it
> later.

Yes, the point of 'suspending' is that you don't actually log
out and can check on long-running commands when you reconnect
later.  I do this with the vnc X module for the console
session on my desktop machine but would prefer the
speed of freenx if the suspend/resume worked reliably.
It's possible that my problems are related to trying
to reconnect from systems with different screen sizes but
I haven't found anything repeatable.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com