NX client on FC4

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 9 07:25:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 00:19 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 23:19, Craig White wrote:
>
> > Sure, I can get it save KDE session stuff but it's rather immaterial as
> > it will open the programs but not the specific terminal settings,
> > paths/firefox stuff (and they are ssl sessions) etc. so it's rather
> > pointless to worry about saving KDE sessions. In short...saved KDE
> > sessions aren't quite up to 'suspending' an NX session and resuming it
> > later.
>
> Yes, the point of 'suspending' is that you don't actually log
> out and can check on long-running commands when you reconnect
> later.  I do this with the vnc X module for the console
> session on my desktop machine but would prefer the
> speed of freenx if the suspend/resume worked reliably.
> It's possible that my problems are related to trying
> to reconnect from systems with different screen sizes but
> I haven't found anything repeatable.
----
I have this issue and I keep connecting from the same computer, same ip
address, same screen size, same bat time, same bat channel and I still
run into times when I can't resume my last session and have to start all
over again. I did find a magic command though...

konsole --profile 5shells --vt_sz 128x50

that one has it's own launcher on my desktop, courtesy of nx sessions
that I can't resume.

;-)

Craig