Re: usbdisk problems

James Pifer wrote:
I have an FC3 machine (running MythTV) that I just hooked up a 200GB
drive in a Mad Dog enclosure. The machine is very unstable with the
drive plugged in.

Symptom 1: when I read or write large files it either pauses for a while
or completely locks up the machine. I can usually still ping the nic,
but can't do anything else. Can't ssh and can't use the console.

What type of file system does the disk have?

What mount options do you have for the disk?
Especially, you should make sure that the
disk isn't mounted with the sync option.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk crc dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk