Real Player Problem

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:44:22 UTC 2006

On 3/9/06, sai krishna <saikrishna1511 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello  list,
> I have installed real player rpm . It installed in /usr/loca/RealPlayer.
> This directory has mozilla directory whose plugins I linked to my
> browser(firefox)s plugins
> i.e.
> /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/
> Now there is a seperate directories  codecs, common, doc,plugin,lib,
> postinst, share and some binary files of  realplayer in
> /usr/local/RealPlayer. Now how do I include this to the system wide
> libraries and other things which real player needs to run.

? It should just work, your system knows where its own libraries are,
and Realplayer knows its libraries.  There will be difficulties if anything
else needs to use the Realplayer libraries (note that the mozilla
plugins are meant to work like this, so they should 'just work' too).
Is it not working?  If not, what's going wrong?

--
imalone