Re: FC4 Postgresql RPM update '-o -e'

Gary Stainburn wrote:
Hi folks.

Every time I upgrade my FC4 boxes I have to add the line

PGOPTS='-o -e'

back into /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql

to force European dates.  How can I make this permenant?

Initscripts aren't configuration files so RPM will "repair" any "damage" you've done to them by editing them when the next update comes along.

I don't use postgresql myself, but from looking at the initscript in cvs, I'd guess that putting the PGOPTS setting into /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql would probably do what you want.

Paul.