NFS changes in Fedora Core?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Mar 9 15:08:08 UTC 2006

Danny Yee wrote:
> I have a Redhat 7.3 server that was NFS mounting files on a Fedora Core
> 1 server, with no problems.  But the FC1 server has been replaced by
> an FC4 server, and now the NFS mount is behaving badly -- if people
> try to browse the NFS-shared files via netatalk/Appleshare, their
> file browser hangs and then dies.

If I read this correctly, you're trying to (re)share NFS mounted
dirs/files via netatalk:
rh73 NFS server
fc4 NFS client, acting also as netatalk server

In general, it's a bad idea to (re)share non-local files (ie, NFS
mounted ones) via smb/samba,netatalk whatever.

However, most likely, you're probably exposing bug(s) in the *very* old
NFS server implementation of your rh73 box.

-- Rex